93 silverado wiper switch problem

Old 02-14-05, 02:07 PM
93 silverado wiper switch problem

Hi, I'm new here. The intermittant windshield wiper switch on my 93 chevy c-1500 will only work in high position. As soon as you switch it off of high, the wipers stop wherever they are on the windshield, instead of going back down.

What could the problem be, and is it relatively easy to fix? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-05, 06:55 PM
The majority of wiper problems I've dealt with, which are similar to what you described, and also the same vehicle as yours, has been the wiper motor circuit board being faulty. You should be able to pick up a circuit board at your dealer, or pick up a wiper motor (which will include the circuit board) from an auto parts store. Beforehand, get a test light, disconnect the wiper motor connector and probe the terminals of the connector as you go through the modes on the wiper switch just to make sure you have power to the motor in all modes. If there is no power in int. and low modes, suspect the wiper switch. I have a pretty good feeling though that the circuit board is causing your problem.

Old 02-16-05, 09:10 AM
Mr. Dummas, I forgot to mention that the windshield washer works in all modes. The only problem is with the low and intermittent wipers. Does that make a difference in your diagnosis?
Also, last year I was having problems with the wipers working only sporadically in any mode, so I replaced the wiper motor then. It seemed to work fine until now. By the way, thanks for your quick reply!

Old 02-16-05, 03:57 PM
If you are looking for a best guess replace the circuit board.If not check it as he has stated.I would say a 80-90% chance it's the board.

Search this Thread