Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1991 Toyota Camry Column PWR light

Visiting Guest

02-14-05, 07:21 PM   #1  
dee422
1991 Toyota Camry Column PWR light

Hi There,

Unfortunately, my mother passed away on 2/10/05. Even though I am co-owner of her 1991 Toyota Camry, I hardly drove it. Today I went to start it to make sure its battery was okay and on the dash board where it confirms that you are in (P)park, (D)drive, (R)reverse, etc., underneath an orange light is lit up just saying PWR. I change gears - it still says PWR. The car is running and the headlights come on, etc.

Now I have a 1998 Toyota Camry and it doesn't have the light so I'm a little concerned. I don't know what its trying to tell me - is the battery dying, does it need transmission fluid or is it merely stating the car is on.

I tried looking for a manual but either Mom has it buried somewhere or she didn't get one when she bought it used in 1995. I've begun going through her items but she was 86 and needless to say, there is a lot to go through.

Can anyone tell me what the Camry is trying to tell me?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Sponsored Links

02-15-05, 02:42 AM   #2  
That's the "Power" light for the trans shift pattern selector. Just keeps it a little longer in each gear for more "power".

The selector switch will usually say "ECT" located on the dash or console by the shifter.

Search this Thread