Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1994 toyota corolla

NY

02-15-05, 11:43 AM   #1  
1994 toyota corolla

Hi All;
Inherited a 1994 Toyota Corrolla (USA stock,with no accesories),and need to add a trunk light. Does anyone know of a close electrical pickup point in the trunk for that year/make of car or do I need to snake one to the engine fusebox or cigarette lighter. All available trunk wires seem to be for the tail and brake lights.

Also, anyone know of a way to clean the inside of the headlights. Has road film and seem to be a sealed unit. Is it possible? Looked at other cars and seems to be endemic to that type. Toyota is NO help as all you get is " bring it in and we will look at it!" Yeah, at 100+ a pop!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links

FL

02-15-05, 01:42 PM   #2  
If the headlights are sealed units then all you can do is replace them. As for adding a light to the trunk, if the dome light wire is always hot or can be set that way, you might try running a wire from it under any ceiling upholstery and side panels to the back of the rear seat and into the trunk.

NY

02-15-05, 02:45 PM   #3  
Roy;
Thanks for the reply. That was a choice I was contemplating. I saw a wire bundle while poking around and was hoping one was for a prewired light pickup but I guess that there is 'No Joy' for that option.

Search this Thread