1994 toyota corolla

Old 02-15-05, 11:43 AM
1994 toyota corolla

Hi All;
Inherited a 1994 Toyota Corrolla (USA stock,with no accesories),and need to add a trunk light. Does anyone know of a close electrical pickup point in the trunk for that year/make of car or do I need to snake one to the engine fusebox or cigarette lighter. All available trunk wires seem to be for the tail and brake lights.

Also, anyone know of a way to clean the inside of the headlights. Has road film and seem to be a sealed unit. Is it possible? Looked at other cars and seems to be endemic to that type. Toyota is NO help as all you get is " bring it in and we will look at it!" Yeah, at 100+ a pop!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-05, 01:42 PM
If the headlights are sealed units then all you can do is replace them. As for adding a light to the trunk, if the dome light wire is always hot or can be set that way, you might try running a wire from it under any ceiling upholstery and side panels to the back of the rear seat and into the trunk.

Old 02-15-05, 02:45 PM
Cool

Roy;
Thanks for the reply. That was a choice I was contemplating. I saw a wire bundle while poking around and was hoping one was for a prewired light pickup but I guess that there is 'No Joy' for that option.