Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

93 Lumina headlight issue

Visiting Guest

02-17-05, 05:45 AM   #1  
mefergit
93 Lumina headlight issue

Hi everyone! I am still trying to figure out how to repair the headlight switch on the steering column turn signal. Does anyone know how to take it apart? Can't figure out how to get to the switch...
Problem is: high beams work fine, but low beams do not. Any help sincerely appreciated!

Sponsored Links

02-17-05, 06:15 AM   #2  
not real sure of the location of the switch on this van but i would imagine it is located down low on the steering column and is controlled by a rod that runs from the turn signal lever, suggest you remove the dash panel below the steering column to see if its mounted there if it is you may have to drop the column support and lower the steering column to be able to change out the switch.

WV

02-17-05, 06:49 AM   #3  
Have you checked to see if you have separate fuses and relays for the high and low beams? I would think that the switch that you are referring to, the multi-function switch, is not servicable, but only a direct replacement. Is your vehicle a Lumina or a Lumina APV? This will help me look up information.
Hope this is helpful to you,
Billy

Visiting Guest

02-18-05, 08:12 AM   #4  
mefergit
My car is a Lumina APV (minivan)
relays and fuses seem fine

Search this Thread