Good car days??

Old 02-17-05, 12:21 PM
Serial
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up Good car days??

Do you guys ever have good car days?

This may seem like a strange question but on my 1989 EFI 5.7 Camaro on Monday mornings after not being run over the weekend it drives around like its on nos but the rest of the week you see a very average car.. almost like the idle is up and the car is wanting to go but the idle is at 500. It just looks at me and says.. its gonna be a great day Serial.

I know 350's tend to run different every time they're started at least that's my experience but can anyone explain this Monday morning phenomenon?

I'm in california right now so in the mornings its about 50 degrees and 70'ish in the afternoon atm if that helps

Thanks

Old 02-17-05, 01:21 PM
diagnosticmonke
Visiting Guest
Question Ahhhh, GOOD CAR DAZE

Yea, been there.Hard to say whats up. Ive had em where the fuel sock would collapse and over a non driving period swell up and run good for a while. theres alot of variables that could be read providing you have a scan tool and understand the readings and values of each component. If its got a mass air flow sensor tap on it lightly when she starts running poorly.

Old 02-17-05, 01:55 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
That car doesnt use a MAF sensor. You could have something going on with fuel delivery after it sits over the weekend, but I would be more inclined to believe that you probably are imagining it due to not driving it all weekend. LOL.
Billy

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: