Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

87 Buick LeSabre rear sway bar bracket

PA

02-17-05, 07:42 AM   #1  
87 Buick LeSabre rear sway bar bracket

I know this car is way too old. Great shape and good car however.

Does anyone know where I can get a bracket on the rear passenger side that holds the sway bar in place? This broke and was welded once, but not alot of metal left there to weld now. My local junkyards in West PA are basically not interested is taking one off a car even if they have the car there.

Do you know of any other national odd parts people that I might try to get this part in reasonable condition? Maybe evn a company that custom makes them? Or any advice on an alternate way of fixing the problem?

Thanks in advance for any leads.

Sponsored Links

WV

02-17-05, 07:54 AM   #2  
You could try National Parts Depot. They make and sell alot of reproduction parts for the older cars. We get Chevelle parts from them real cheap. You could also do a search for Buick parts on the web and see what you get from there. There are alot of companies out there that make parts for our older cars. Try Year One also. They do the same thing. They are a little more expensive, but they might just have it.
Hope this helps ya,
Billy

TX

02-17-05, 09:04 AM   #3  
pick a part

Is there no junk yards were you live that let you get the parts yourself?Texas is full of them.Call all of them and maybe ask if you can remove it yourself.

Search this Thread