1977 toyota has no power

Old 02-18-05, 04:18 PM
wingnutjerry
Visiting Guest
Question 1977 toyota has no power

My 1977 toyota pickup does nothing when I turn the key. The battery and starter are new, and I cleaned and tested the battery leads as well as checked the fuses. What am I missing. It was running just fine, and suddenly notheing works at all. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-05, 10:30 PM
No power anywhere? No lights, horn doesn't blow? If so, assuming the battery is not dead, it sounds like a fuse link, which is like a fuse inside a wire, which is attached inline to the battery cable. Check for power on the ends on the positive cable at the starter and fuse box with a voltage meter or test light. I suspect you don't have power at at least one of these points.

The fuse link will probably blow again if the problem is not corrected 1st. Look for exposed wire on the positive battery cable that may have come in contact with ground. Go here for helpful info on fuse link replacement: http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBr...3d801bbb19.jsp

Here is a wiring diagram. Go to figure 41.
http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBr...3d80189971.jsp

Old 02-19-05, 04:07 PM
wingnutjerry
Visiting Guest
Smile Thanks for the link!

I found the problem last night, and it was exactly what you said it was. Thanks so much for the schematic link. now I can wire everything back to stock. this truck is a true wiring nightmare right now.

Old 02-20-05, 09:38 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun

Old 02-21-05, 04:20 PM
probably need a new altenator