Best OBD device

Old 02-19-05, 05:58 AM
Joellog
Visiting Guest
Best OBD device

Hi everyone,can anyone reccomend a good obd under say 300-400 bucks?I have a 98 Chrysler,Chevy and a 02 Chevy
Thanx
Joel

Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-05, 07:22 AM
I purchase the cable and the rights to use this software http://www.obd-2.com/.

I use it on my laptop and it does provide data. I got the cable for all three gateways. For $162 I can read, reset, and see data. It's not just a code reader which is about half of what I paid.

Old 02-19-05, 08:00 PM
Joellog
Visiting Guest
Thanx

Thanx will check it out,are they enclosed or open boards?
Thanx again

Old 02-20-05, 01:53 AM
Its enclosed in a very small box (1 x2x ) thats inline of the cable, It plugs into your serial port.

Old 02-22-05, 06:52 AM
Thumbs up

I purchased a snap on scan tool from a garage that was closing for $700 that came with cartriges for up to 2000 and all the books. About a week later, I found another from a pawn shop for $500 with about 10 different adapters and two books. Since then I have gotten update cartridges for up to 2002 for domestic and asian. Just the cartridges form snap on are about a grand each, but I again found these form various sources including ebay for under 300 each. It may sound like alot of money, but the snap on tool doesn't just read, it has techincal services in it, and complete instructions to aid in diagnosis and road testing. My point being, that with a bit of asking around, you can get these for much less than new. I maintain alot of cars for family and a nieghbor and have made all my money back by diagnosing for others at $40 a pop. Check ebay and the pawn shops. Good Luck.