Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Electrical?

CT

02-19-05, 09:09 AM   #1  
Electrical?

I have a Ford 6cyl.Truck that was running fine of course. Then one morning I tried to start the truck. It took a turns of the engine before I relized it was having trouble. The thing is when I turned the key it turned and tried to start, and when I turned the key off it kept turning over. No matter what position I turned the key, it kept turning over until it killed the battery and unsuccesfully started. Is there a short some where do to the remote start thatwas install a year ago, or is the switch bad? How do I change it out if it is bad, and where do I go? Thank you for your help.

Mark

Sponsored Links

02-19-05, 05:09 PM   #2  
What year is it?. Seem like starter solenoid is stuck on the on position, starter solenoid use to mounted a foot or two from the battery, just follow the positive battery cable, it's round and about two inches in diameter and about two and 1/2" in height, if it's happen again, try to hit it with a screwdriver's handle and see if it's stop.

CT

02-20-05, 10:17 AM   #3  
Ford 1991

Thanks. Didn't even think of that. Thought it would be the egnition switch which I jus finnish taking out. Looks good. Didn't understand what would be wrong with this switch until you mention the solenoid.

02-21-05, 02:06 PM   #4  
Remove the remote start before continuing attempting to repair the truck.Also repair all the wires that were ruined during the intallation of the remote start.

Search this Thread