Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Free Reference Material?

Visiting Guest

02-20-05, 01:34 AM   #1  
akawoodbutcher
Free Reference Material?

Are there any web sites out there with reference material for free, such as specifications charts, diagrams, procedures, exploded views/pictures, etc..

I own a '90 mitsubishi Montero RS & '82 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 Scottsdale camper special. I have both the haynes and chiltons books for them. Yet I still have a way of coming up with questions they cant answer. Are forums the only free source of info? Is there no free literature?

My current issue is my quadrajet. I have 4 of them but the only one that makes the truck drive decent has the electric choke half torn apart and the thing is dirtier than sin.

Sponsored Links

02-20-05, 10:55 AM   #2  
autozone.com has specs and how-to information.
Also your local library may have an on-line subscription to mitchels on demand like ours does, or some other service all data etc.

02-20-05, 11:32 AM   #3  
*Most* aftermarket part sources have some sort of tech tip pages on the web. A couple that I know for sure include Hastings Piston Rings and Standard Motor Products.

Brew up a fresh pot (or pull the roof off a six pack) and exercise your fingers with Google. Have fun...

02-20-05, 06:34 PM   #4  
There are usually good instructions in a rebuild kit for the rochester quadrajet.

Search this Thread