97 Plymoth gr voyager loses acceleration power

Old 02-23-05, 10:19 AM
Eileen2261
Visiting Guest
97 Plymoth gr voyager loses acceleration power

Please help! This one had my service guy stumped as well. For several months I have been having an intermittent problem when acclerating--for no apparent reason, the minivan seems like it is going to stall. I can floor the gas pedal and for a few seconds, I'm just coasting or loosing speed, then it'll engage and I blast off. The van never "dies", it just seems to loose accleration. This can happen at any time, whether I have been driving a short distance, for several hours or right after I start the engine. It seems to occur between 30-40 miles per hour. We have checked and or changed fuel injectors, fuel filter, O2 sensors, etc. The diagnostic computer shows nothing wrong. A guess might be the catalytic converter or a baffle in the muffler. Any thoughts, suggestions, etc would be appreciated. Occassionally I hear a muffled sound coming from the rear of the van before the accleration resumes--like a quiet backfire, but from the rear. HELP!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-05, 03:37 PM
What engine in it?. If it's 3.3/3.8 (sound like it is) look at the ignition coil pack.