taurus front end shakes

Old 03-01-05, 05:49 PM
hman
Visiting Guest
taurus front end shakes

I have 2002 taurus wagon with 80,000 miles. At highway speeds... 65 up, the front end jumps all over the place. the allignment seems good as the steering wheel does not pull to either side. I also just put new front tires on, but that did not help at all. i drive a lot of miles for work and it is starting to really shake the heck out of me

Any Ideas? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-05, 01:12 AM
DKM
I would suspect tire balance. I would have the front end (Tie rods and ball joints) checked and have all the tires balanced maybe a tire rotation also. I recommend to do it ASAP, just in case you have a worn tie rod. Believe me, you don't want a tie rod comming apart at 65 MPH. Hope this helps.

David

Old 03-04-05, 06:40 PM
Negoshe8n
Visiting Guest
If it's getting worse and worse, It's gonna break. A tire out of balance tends not to get any worse until the belts start coming apart. Run your hand over the tires to make sure they are flat and there are not high or low spots. Check the half-shafts bolts. And just go over all the front end joints. Good luck

Old 03-05-05, 02:07 AM
diagnosticmonke
Visiting Guest
Front End Shake Down

HAVE A REPUTIBLE FRONT END SHOP LOOK AT IT. CALL AROUND, MOST INSPECTIONS ARE FREE AND THEN THEY TRY TO SELL YOU A WHOLE LOTTA PARTS YOU DONT NEED. IF YOUR ABLE, JACK ONE SIDE OF THE CAR UP AND SHKE THE TIRE AND WHEEL BOTH VERTICALLY AND HORIZONTALLY. IF YOU FIND IT TO BE TIGHT, SLIDE A LONG BAR UNDER EACH TIRE AND LIFT UP AND DOWN ON IT, Hear any noises ?? Clunking sounds ?? ALSO, MAKING SURE THE CAR IS STABLE WITH JACK STANDS IN PLACE , GIVE IT A VISUAL INSPECTION. WEAR WILL SHOW UP AS BRIGHT SHINY METAL. LET US KNOW. P.S. WHO BALANCED YOUR TIRES WAL- MART ??????????????

Search this Thread