saturn , odometer

Old 03-05-05, 10:58 AM
batcat
Visiting Guest
saturn , odometer

If anybody can help ,im having a problem with my odometer on my 2000 saturn LS 4 DR. all the sudden it decided not to work again so i was shocked about it, and concerned. so i recently purchased an instrument cluster hoping it would solve the problem, i installed it the next day and it showed the original miles of my car .instead of the one we got from a local used parts store. I was very happy about that, but then when i took it for a test drive to see if the odo was going to operate i didnt see a change in the mileage, but i figured since i un hooked the battery terminals it probably had to reprogram the computer and the instrument cluster. But im still back to the original problem thats why im asking for help . Thanks alot!!!

Old 03-05-05, 07:49 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Is the speedometer working?

my car uses a "speed sensor" (located somewhere on my transmission) to feed the speedometer and the odometer. It would just suddenly cut out on me and the speed would go to zero, then suddenly read correctly. Once I had the sensor replaced, everything was good.

Another idea, if it's digital and you replaced the cluster.....could this be an "anti-tamper" feature?? I'm not familiar with newer electronics, so anything is possible.

You may want to consider a trip to the dealer or your favorite mechanic and have them check everything out.

Hope this helps!

Old 03-06-05, 01:49 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Is the check engine light on?Try having the codes read and post any numbers that you get for the codes.If the check engine light isn't on you may have a wiring problem.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: