tear down transmission

Old 03-02-05, 01:08 PM
dodge ram
Visiting Guest
Question tear down transmission

Can anyone tell me where I can get a step by step detailed instructions on how to break down a 1999 Dodge Ram transmission. Maybe a website where I can print if online.Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-05, 04:23 AM
Group Moderator
I would be very surprised if you can find that on-line. There are sites with auto repair guides, such as autozone.com, but none of them are going to have anything as extensive as tranny overhaul. You'll probably have to buy a shop manual from a dealership.

Old 03-03-05, 07:51 AM
even a factory manual may be...

...of limited value. they are designed to be a resource for trained technicians and if you have no experience with automatics, you'll still have a million questions. modern automatic transmissions are quite sophisticated and can be a little quirky...not to mention the need for special tools on some models.

Old 03-03-05, 01:51 PM
Not to mention are you sure it's a mechanical problem and not electrical or programming?Has the truck been scanned for transmission codes?Basically transmissions on newer vehicles and most older ones are not for the typical diyer.You may spend more money practicing than a shop could repair it for.What is the problem with the trans anyhow?