2000 Dodge Stratus

Old 03-02-05, 03:15 PM
Id_do_anything
Visiting Guest
2000 Dodge Stratus

What do you guys think about it? Any horror stories? It has a 2.0L I4 it's a SE.. I'm considering buying one... Anything I need to check out that is specific to this car?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-05, 04:12 PM
Group Moderator
Well, here's what Consumer Reports says:

Overview: The Stratus was introduced for 1995. The interior feels fairly spacious, and seating is quite roomy. The base model uses a noisy four-cylinder engine, shared with the Neon, but the more refined 2.5-liter, 168-hp V6 engine accelerates nicely. In our tests, the Stratus and the similar Chrysler Cirrus exhibited subpar braking and an unresponsive automatic transmission. The ride feels jittery, but handling is secure. For 2001, the Stratus was redesigned and was similar to the Chrysler Sebring. A new coupe model, based on the Mitsubishi Eclipse, was added to the line.

Old 03-02-05, 05:04 PM
have replaced several of those head gaskets for leaking oil out the back of the head gasket. Check the back of the head for any oil leaks. Other than that they are pretty good engines.

Old 03-04-05, 03:17 PM
Stratus / Cirrus

I had a 96 Cirrus with the small V6 and it ran like a dream until my daughter creamed it. As rob24chevy said, check the head gasket. I had a Spirit and the head gasket went south resulting in the cylinder head cracking.