Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

2000 Dodge Stratus

Visiting Guest

03-02-05, 03:15 PM   #1  
Id_do_anything
2000 Dodge Stratus

What do you guys think about it? Any horror stories? It has a 2.0L I4 it's a SE.. I'm considering buying one... Anything I need to check out that is specific to this car?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

FL

03-02-05, 04:12 PM   #2  
Well, here's what Consumer Reports says:

Overview: The Stratus was introduced for 1995. The interior feels fairly spacious, and seating is quite roomy. The base model uses a noisy four-cylinder engine, shared with the Neon, but the more refined 2.5-liter, 168-hp V6 engine accelerates nicely. In our tests, the Stratus and the similar Chrysler Cirrus exhibited subpar braking and an unresponsive automatic transmission. The ride feels jittery, but handling is secure. For 2001, the Stratus was redesigned and was similar to the Chrysler Sebring. A new coupe model, based on the Mitsubishi Eclipse, was added to the line.

Measure it with a micrometer; cut it with an ax.

03-02-05, 05:04 PM   #3  
have replaced several of those head gaskets for leaking oil out the back of the head gasket. Check the back of the head for any oil leaks. Other than that they are pretty good engines.

03-04-05, 03:17 PM   #4  
Stratus / Cirrus

I had a 96 Cirrus with the small V6 and it ran like a dream until my daughter creamed it. As rob24chevy said, check the head gasket. I had a Spirit and the head gasket went south resulting in the cylinder head cracking.

Search this Thread