92 Saturn, Ignition Key - siezed in ignition

Old 03-03-05, 05:39 AM
92 Saturn, Ignition Key - siezed in ignition

How can you remove a seized ignition key from a 92 Saturn SL sedan

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-05, 04:25 PM
Seized Key

Hi, First let me tell you what happened inside your lock. The little flat waffers have worn along with the key, and this has caused this lockup. As a Locksmith, I have seen it many times. What I suggest is try spreying with WD-40. I mean soak it down. Rock the key up and down as best you can. If that doesn't work, and here's the scarry part, take something and rap the back of the Key. Take everything off the key like key rings, other keys and the like first. Soak it down with WD-40 again. When you rap it, DO NOT hit it too hard because you could either break it off in the ignition, or break the ingition by bending the little waffers inside. Try a succession of "rap" "tug" "rap" "tug" until it comes out. If after several tries it still doesn't come out, There are still 2 options. One...take the car to a Locksmith and have them try, or 2, take it to a dealer. Either of these last two options may very well result in simply replacing the ignition lock. If you can do it yourself, you could save some cash by pulling the ignition lock yourself. If you can, take that to the locksmit and have the key removed. But if you are unsure of how to do it, I don't recommend it. You could cause yourself more grief than you imagine. I do recommend however replacing the lock as it will happen again.

If you have trouble with this, let me know and I'll walk you through it.

cuedude