Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

2003 Gran Prix SE

Visiting Guest

03-10-05, 03:03 PM   #1  
plus005
2003 Gran Prix SE

Lost my LCD display for radio/time/cd...any ideas will be appreciated. Thank you

Sponsored Links

03-10-05, 06:31 PM   #2  
Your best bet would be to take your vehicle to an auto electronics store and have it repaired. The dealer would charge you around $275.00 at least to R&R the radio and ship it out for repairs. Its an '03, I take it you are out of factory warranty by mileage and do not have an extended warranty?

As far as I know, there is no fuse for the radio display that I know of. Maybe someone else here can confirm this.

Non-US

03-10-05, 06:52 PM   #3  
Check with a dealer to estimate a raido repair before going to a electronic place. Around my neck of the woods, the aftermarket try to sell you a stereo by telling you the origional can't be fixed, but the dealer will send you old one away to be repaired for a flat rate charge. Usually a lot cheeper than replacing it & it fits the hole in the dash without rattles

03-10-05, 06:58 PM   #4  
Good point. Our dealership has an exchange/repair contract through the local electronics facility that charges a fraction of the cost of having it shipped to the manufacturer's facility.

Search this Thread