2003 Gran Prix SE

Old 03-10-05, 03:03 PM
plus005
Visiting Guest
2003 Gran Prix SE

Lost my LCD display for radio/time/cd...any ideas will be appreciated. Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-05, 06:31 PM
Your best bet would be to take your vehicle to an auto electronics store and have it repaired. The dealer would charge you around $275.00 at least to R&R the radio and ship it out for repairs. Its an '03, I take it you are out of factory warranty by mileage and do not have an extended warranty?

As far as I know, there is no fuse for the radio display that I know of. Maybe someone else here can confirm this.

Old 03-10-05, 06:52 PM
Check with a dealer to estimate a raido repair before going to a electronic place. Around my neck of the woods, the aftermarket try to sell you a stereo by telling you the origional can't be fixed, but the dealer will send you old one away to be repaired for a flat rate charge. Usually a lot cheeper than replacing it & it fits the hole in the dash without rattles

Old 03-10-05, 06:58 PM
Good point. Our dealership has an exchange/repair contract through the local electronics facility that charges a fraction of the cost of having it shipped to the manufacturer's facility.