Mazda 323 help

Old 03-12-05, 10:37 PM
Doug00
Visiting Guest
Mazda 323 help

Hi I have a 1991 mazda 323 hatchback and just recently the fuel guage started acting up. After it's past the halfway mark, it'll start bobbing quite it a bit. When I accelerate the guage will go all the way down to past empty, but when i stop, then it'll start to go up again. Does anyone know why this is happening? Do you think it's a problem with the sensor in the tank or electrical problems in the dash?

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-05, 12:20 AM
gas

kind of like my car. when i turn right it will go down 1/4 of a tank. Wi turn left it will go up 1/4 a tank. i dont think its anything to worry about, just keep an eye on it, If you take it to a shop they will just charge you for work you may or may not need done.

Old 03-13-05, 01:55 AM
Doug00
Visiting Guest
Well when the guage starts to go up again, it moves very slowly, so I can't really tell how much gas it has left, because it kinda hovers around Empty most of the time. Yeah, you're right, a shop would probably overcharge me, does anyone know how to fix this or what might be causing this?

Old 03-13-05, 05:34 AM
More than likely the sender in the tank is faulty.If it works ok above half a tank I would start there because the dash guage has no idea how much fuel is in the tank it just reports what the sender "sees".