Remote Oil Filter for 2002 4.3 Blazer

Old 03-14-05, 03:52 PM
mbond600
Visiting Guest
Question Remote Oil Filter for 2002 4.3 Blazer

I have a 4.3 "W" engine from a blazer and it has the normal screw on oil filter spot and lines to a remote oil filter. I just want to use the normal oil filter spot but don't know if I can PLUG the remote lines or if I have to LOOP them.

Thanks

Old 03-14-05, 06:05 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If its a 4x4, you cannot use the location on the block due to the front driveshaft being in the way. I have a '93 Sonoma 2wd that used to have a 4.3 (now has a 406ci) and I used the location on the engine block.
Also note that there are oil cooler lines that go to the radiator to keep the oil temperature down.
You would need to buy an oil filter adapter kit to mount it on the engine. Why do you want to mount it to the engine?

Old 03-15-05, 11:45 AM
mbond600
Visiting Guest
The engine is in an old Jeep so I don't have a bunch of extra space for a remote filter. Does anyone know where the oil cooler lines attach to the engine?

Old 03-15-05, 01:59 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The oil filter adaptor lines attach to the adaptor on the engine block where the oil filter would normally go. The cooler lines are the ones from the remote adaptor to the radiator. The adaptor you are going to need will be different than that adaptor since you do not need the remote filter kit. Just tell the parts person you want an oil filter adaptor kit (includes adaptor and gaskets) for a 4.3L truck that is 2 wheel drive (it don't matter if its an S-10 or a fullsize as long as its 2wd). You will then be able to use a PF47 filter (short) or a PF52 filter (long).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: