Honda Accord front rotor r/r

Old 03-25-05, 08:05 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Honda Accord front rotor r/r

I have a 92 Honda accord and i am trying to replace the front rotors I removed the caliper. pads. caliper mounting bracket. axle nut. lower ball joint from spindle. removed the four bolts from the inside of the hub. I hit the rotor and the hub came out of the bearing instead of the hole assy. I changed the rotor and reassembeled Will this be ok? I was told the bearing will go soon.
Any advice will be appreciated Thank you.

Old 03-27-05, 06:58 AM
Exclamation

You didn't need to do any more than remove the caliper and (depending on the assembly) the caliper mounting bracket. The rotor would have come off. The person is right, now that the bearing has come out of it's sealed unit, it will fail...quickly. Replace it before you end up losing the wheel.

Old 03-27-05, 07:43 AM
P
Originally Posted by bust7015
You didn't need to do any more than remove the caliper and (depending on the assembly) the caliper mounting bracket. The rotor would have come off. The person is right, now that the bearing has come out of it's sealed unit, it will fail...quickly. Replace it before you end up losing the wheel.
Not true on this vehicle - rotor bolts to the hub from the back side. Either the hub comes out or the bearing gets seperated to replace the rotor. Hub is bolt in - 4 bolts from the back side. With the hundred or so of these I've done over the years, I've seen exactly 1 come apart as intended. Although I personally avoided the bearing seperation method, 99% of them that I've seen done in that manner have had no problems due to it. My preferred method was to remove the entire steering knuckle and press the hub out.

Old 03-27-05, 08:27 AM
My mistake. I must have been thinking about the civic.

Old 03-27-05, 08:45 AM
P
Definitely NOT one of Honda's better ideas. Thankfully they saw the light and dumped that design 5-6 years ago.

Old 03-27-05, 07:57 PM
D
Smile On the road again Just like willie

All fixed I replaced both bearings. rotors and pads
Thanks for the help.

Old 03-27-05, 07:59 PM
Glad to hear it. Good Luck.

Search this Thread