Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

95 chevy lumina apv timing belt replacement?

Visiting Guest

03-14-05, 08:07 AM   #1  
kb9lfr
95 chevy lumina apv timing belt replacement?

What's the recommended frequency for replacing the timing belt on a 1995 chevy lumina apv with the (I think) 3.8L 6-cyl engine?

Mine has about 203,000 miles..I'm not sure when it was last replaced.

thanks!

-Bob

Sponsored Links

03-14-05, 10:15 AM   #2  
your engine uses a timing chain instead of a timing belt there is no set interval for changing that I know of.

Visiting Guest

03-14-05, 10:25 AM   #3  
kb9lfr
Any other considerations??

Any other specifics I should check before going on a long (~2,000 mile vacation) to decrease the chance of getting stopped by a mechanical failure?

(the transmission was replaced with a rebuilt one about 2.5 years ago, so it should still be good). No visible oil consumption (no visible leaks...engine doesn't seem to burn much..it's usually not very low when I check)?

thanks!

-Bob

03-14-05, 10:39 AM   #4  
well you should check the belt and hoses and brakes as these are items checked before going on a long trip that often could cause you problems.

NC

03-14-05, 02:02 PM   #5  
Check the tires for plenty of tread and check the tire pressure. Don't forget to check the spare tire pressure also. Think about a tune up if one hasn't been done in a few years, might save you on gas. At least make sure the air filter is clean.

Search this Thread