Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

rear hi mounted bulb

MD

03-19-05, 12:01 PM   #1  
rear hi mounted bulb

Hello
I want to replace the #921 brake bulb that sits on the rear window 'shelf' of my 20001 Nissan Sentra. It appears to have a plug or knock out on each side-top side-I do't know if I should approach it from the top or in the trunk where I see the trunk lite. Should I disconnect the negative cable for this bulb replacement?
Thank you for your help
Pete

Sponsored Links

WV

03-19-05, 05:23 PM   #2  
That bulb is actually pretty easy to change. Those push pins you see in the top part under the glass have a pin in the center that needs to be pulled out. Use like a very small screwdriver or a pick. Just pop the small pin out of the center and then pop the rest of the clip out. Then the plastic cover comes off. If may need some persuasion, but it will come off. Then the bulb is right there. Its not likely that you can actually get to the bulb from underneath in the trunk.
Hope this helps you,
Billy

MD

03-20-05, 04:59 AM   #3  
rear filament

Thanx, Billy, for the advice-I'll see what I can do and now I have direction to start in.
Pete

MD

03-23-05, 11:33 AM   #4  
third brake lite Sentra

Billy-I found the answer to removing the red housing or lens that covers the bulb for tmy Sentra third light or brake light that is high mounted under the rear window =you push the low middle of the housing forward which 'unhooks' a plastic part of that housing that locks under the shelf. In other words just press the housing forward and it will release itself from the shelf it sits on. Then the bulb is visible and can be twisted out. To replace, there are two 'prongs' in the front of this same housing that are inserted at a down angle going in and then again just 'press' the housing forward and it will slide into place.
Please post this in the forum so other Guys will benefit from the info-Regards,
Pete
I probably did this posting wrong but wanted others to share the answer I found.

Search this Thread