Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1999 Honda Odyssey

Visiting Guest

03-23-05, 09:09 AM   #1  
Hondaman
1999 Honda Odyssey

Hello, I have a 1999 Honda Odyssey. I discovered that the front driver-side suspension spring broke. It broke right at the bottom at approximately a 1/4 of a turn. Only lost a little bit of it. I have been driving it for some time now and have not noticed any difference in the handling of the car, have not noticed and unusual tire wear, and measured the distance from the garage floor to the top of the wheel well on both sides. The driver side sits 1/4 inch lower. I really don't consider a 1/4 a whole lot however Honda suggests that I repair it for obvious reasons. I have found a used strut/spring assembly with 60,000 miles so I can get away with only doing that side at about $300. I have 109,000 miles on it and plan on keeping it at least three more years. If the spring is not causing any problems, do I really need to get it repaired. Thanks in advance for your comments, I appreciate it.

Honda owner.

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

FL

03-25-05, 05:04 AM   #2  
Check the local parts stores. Monroe makes strut/spring replacement assemblies that I think are quite reasonably priced and will be "new".

http://www.monroe.com/products/mp_de...=Quick%20Strut

Measure it with a micrometer; cut it with an ax.

Search this Thread