Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

95 aerostar reduced air flow thru vents

Visiting Guest

03-24-05, 03:35 PM   #1  
ZINTIMADATOR
95 aerostar reduced air flow thru vents

I need help! Just replaced the blower motor in my 1995 aerostar 4.0 AWD and now the air flow from the vents is restricted. Before I replaced the blower motor had strong air flow. The blower motor is working, under the hood you can hear the strong force of air but inside it seems like the vent doors are not opening all the way. Where can I locate the control box for the doors, couldn't find it behind the glove box. Looked for vacuum leaks and did not find any. This has all of us at the garage stumped Any help or ideas what to look for would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

Sponsored Links

03-24-05, 07:06 PM   #2  
Blower motor is probably running backwards, reverse the wires to the motor. Jumper wire it first and see if this fixes it.

Visiting Guest

03-24-05, 09:19 PM   #3  
ZINTIMADATOR
We already did the reversing of the wires, there was no change in the inside air flow. Any other suggestions? There is also no change in the air flow when changing from a/c to heat. All the speeds on the motor are working, but air flow appears restricted. We haven't changed the speed resister yet because all the speeds are working and don't feel this is the problem. Any ideas?

03-26-05, 02:29 PM   #4  
Look at the evaporator core could be restricted with dog hair or etc. Sometimes you can remove the blower motor and blower motor resistor and have a look.

Search this Thread