Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

need to replace dash light bulb on a 1987 gmc s15 seirra

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

11-20-01, 09:47 AM   #1  
Difficulty steering to the left on a 97 Monte Carlo

I have a '97 Monte Carlo and I am having a problem steering to the left. It's very hard to turn. But I have no problem turning to the right.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

03-24-05, 05:29 PM   #2  
slipchuck
need to replace dash light bulb on a 1987 gmc s15 seirra

I was wondering how do I go about replacing my instrument light ( dashboard light as every other light is working).
I know nothing about it, and would need some hand holding (including how to take apart the dash if needed).
pictures appreciated.

p.s I have looked in repair manuals and could not find anything so far.

thanks

slipchuck

www.csolve.net/~randyroi
click to save a child with cancer

CT

03-27-05, 07:03 PM   #3  
Is your dash analog or digital?

Visiting Guest

03-27-05, 07:07 PM   #4  
slipchuck
dash board is anolog...

my dash board is anolog but needs the light to make the spedometer needle and numbers etc. to light up

slipchuck

CT

03-27-05, 07:25 PM   #5  
First, let me be clear, it's been a few years, but it is straightforward. There should be visible screws holding the dash faceplate on around the guages. Remove them. If there are no visible screws, then give the faceplate a slight tug. It should pop off. Remove the screws that hold the guage assembly in place. Pull the guages out slightly. Reach your fingers behing the speedometer and feel and look for where the speedometer cable goes into the back of the assembly. At its base is a clip. Push it in towards the assembly while pulling out on the guage assembly. It should pull out easily. This will allow you to access the light at the rear of the guages. Turn your lights on an observe which bulb(s) are out. Remove the bad bulb and replace with new. while out purchasing the new bulb, pick up some dielectric spray cleaner or some wd-40. If that new bulb doesn't work, spray or wipe the contacts on the back of the guages where the bulb inserts. The dust and dirt gets in there and makes a mess. Now grab the speedometer cable and hold it. Push the guage assembly towards it and push the cable back in all the way. Replace the screws, turn on your lights and fix something else!!

Search this Thread