Dodge 3.0 sohc cap/rotor position

Old 03-26-05, 12:02 PM
Negoshe8n
Visiting Guest
Dodge 3.0 sohc cap/rotor position

I have a 92 spirit with the 3.0. I had the distributor out because the cap bolt broke off in it. I can't get it to start now. With the #1 piston all the up, I have the rotor under the #1 postion on the cap.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-05, 07:17 PM
Make sure your piston is @ the top of the compression stroke. That's about all if you only R&R the distribuator & it ran O.K. before

Old 03-26-05, 09:08 PM
might add about where no 1 is on the cap as this is a cap that corrects the plug wires position so 135 will be on one side and 246 on the other if you flip the cap upside down you will see which inside terminal the rotor should be pointing which is usually on the opisite side of the plug wire.

Old 03-28-05, 07:50 PM
Negoshe8n
Visiting Guest
This stupid piece of a pain in my arse. Yeah after really studying the book on it I found this diagram. I says internal cap spark routing or something like that. I get thinking and it smacks me in the face. I go looking under the cap and the stupid thing isn't a straight though design. That is the most retarded thing I've ever seen. So after a very long time and many many atemps at resetting the timing belt. It runs.

Search this Thread