95 Monte: tail lights, dash lights and parking lights went out

Old 03-27-05, 08:31 AM
Bdubbski
Visiting Guest
Exclamation 95 Monte: tail lights, dash lights and parking lights went out

I have 95 Monte Carlo and my Tail lights, dash lights and parking lights all went out at the same time does any one have any idea what could cause this problem?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-05, 09:07 AM
Check the fuse in the fuse block on the right side of the dash first. If its blown, replace it.
Under the hood on the driver's side, there is a fuse block. You'll need to remove the brace that goes over top of it. There is a fuse in there for the running lights. These fuse blocks have been known to corrode due to moisture. Pull the fuse and check it. If its blown, replace it. If its not blown, remove the nuts securing the fuse block and look on the underside to check for corrosion. Usually the ABS becomes inoperable also when this corrosion occurs. Post your findings here when you get there.

Old 03-27-05, 12:34 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
and, if it is the underhood fuse panel, and it is corroded, try to clean it the best you can and get yourself some no-ox grease for electrical connections and put it on each fuse in there.. I use it on all of my turn light bulbs, stop lights, and running light bulbs also... keeps them from corroding into the socket and coming apart on you when you try to remove them..

Search this Thread