Rear Tailgate Window Motor Replacement - 1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Old 03-28-05, 10:08 AM
patrickhenryhart
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Rear Tailgate Window Motor Replacement - 1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Even our local Dealer parts department can't come up with a motor [for sure anyhow] to replace the now non-functioning one in my Jeep. I haul about 3/4 ton of tools for construction work of various aspects, and need that access for most of them [drawers, etc.] and also for small repair jobs even the use of the tailgate.

Anyone out there know IF the motor is the same as for the Cherokee, plain old Wagoneer, etc.?

And, any suggestions on HOW to replace it, easily?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-05, 12:37 PM
oldmedic
Visiting Guest
1986? window motor

I have a foolish question. Did you buy this Jeep new? Any chance someone swapped a newer or older model tailgate after a wreck? A lot of window motor assemblies look very similar. There's even a chance that your Jeep's front door power window motor will fit. oldmedic

Old 03-30-05, 08:07 AM
patrickhenryhart
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by oldmedic
I have a foolish question. Did you buy this Jeep new? Any chance someone swapped a newer or older model tailgate after a wreck? A lot of window motor assemblies look very similar. There's even a chance that your Jeep's front door power window motor will fit. oldmedic
Not new, but with no damage of anykind at less than 37K miles in 1990 {Valentines Day; traded in by and Insurance Company}. I think this motor is bigger than the front windows, as it has to move some pretty large gears on that rear window.