Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Shaking again

Visiting Guest

03-28-05, 07:27 PM   #1  
hambone
Shaking again

Gentlepeople,

(Car type: '94 S-10 Blazer, V6, 92000 miles)

About six months ago, the engine on my Blazer began shaking very noticably. The whole car would rock when I was at idle or at low acceleration. I took it in and got a lot of additional work done on it, but the guy at the mechanic said that I had a cracked "upper plenum gasket" and that was causing the problems. Well, he did his magic and the car worked fine.

Now it's today, and my car is exhibiting the same behavior. The mechanic previously said that I had 6 of these gaskets, so do you all think it's possible that I have another cracked gasket? If so, would you know if that's a simple thing to check for and to fix? I'm so tired of pouring money into this car every single month, so if I can fix this, that would be AWESOME (cuz I think this gasket is pretty cheap...like around $15).

You guys rock. Thanks for your help.
Tucker

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

03-28-05, 08:47 PM   #2  
hambone
Oh, I forgot to mention that my V6 is 4.3L, and it's been a little under 2 years since my last tune-up. Thanks!

03-29-05, 02:42 AM   #3  
alot of things could cause that problem is the check engine light on if it is start by having codes read and go from there it is unlikely that the upper plenum gasket is causing the problem.

Visiting Guest

03-29-05, 07:57 PM   #4  
hambone
how would I check to make sure the upper plenum gasket was operating normally?

Search this Thread