Program Astro Remote entry

Old 03-29-05, 05:52 PM
Question Program Astro Remote entry

This is probably a repost here but if so I can't find the original.
I need programing instructions for the remote for the keyless entry on my 1998 Astro. Bought 2 off e-bay with the same part and FCC #s. I know there is a web site out there where you can find out how. I found it about a year ago when I had to program the remotes for my Grand Am. But that set of instructions doesn't work on the van.
Thanks in advance!!
Johnboy

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-05, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by Johnboy555
This is probably a repost here but if so I can't find the original.
I need programing instructions for the remote for the keyless entry on my 1998 Astro. Bought 2 off e-bay with the same part and FCC #s. I know there is a web site out there where you can find out how. I found it about a year ago when I had to program the remotes for my Grand Am. But that set of instructions doesn't work on the van.
Thanks in advance!!
Johnboy
On the DLC (data link connector) take a wire and connect it to pin #4 and #8 with ignition off. The door locks should cycle to verify it is in program mode (I think). After this happens, hold down the lock and unlock buttons on the trasmitter. When the doorlocks cycle, that remote is programmed. Right away, grab the other remote and hold the lock and unlock buttons down untill the lokcs cycle again. Disconnect the jumper wire. Operate the remotes to verify they work.

Old 03-29-05, 06:00 PM
If they don't work, you may want to run the part numbers through your dealer to make sure those are the remotes for that vehicle.

Search this Thread