98 buick park avenue steering shakes at highway speed

Old 03-30-05, 03:21 PM
ace6819
Visiting Guest
98 buick park avenue steering shakes at highway speed

when around 50 mph,the steering shakes and you feel it in your seat.i have gone through this before with a 95 olds 88 and changed all that was bad(tire-rods and ball joints)and wheel balance and also 4 wheel alignment and it still shook until i got rid of it.the dealer and belle tire could not figure it out.now i have this buick and the nightmare begins again.rotors are new and seated right,tires are new and suspension seems allright.also at highway speeds when i hit the brakes hard enough to nose dive a little the shake get worse.also when i turn the wheel slightly around the bend on freeway it shakes a little less.

Old 03-30-05, 05:57 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sounds like you need a Road Force Variation Balance done. Find a shop that has this type of balancer and I beleive your problem will go away.

Old 03-30-05, 06:14 PM
ace6819
Visiting Guest
what does that do exactly?

Old 03-30-05, 06:32 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It applies a load on the tire to simulate the force of the road. It measures tire uniformity, lateral and radial rim runout, shows where to match the rim to the tire to cure vibrations.....the list goes on. We have one at work and this thing is awsome. Do a search on the Hunter GSP 9700.

Old 04-02-05, 12:01 AM
Kitesuffer
Visiting Guest
reply to 98 buick shakes

Shaking when applying the brakes . 99 percent of the time indicates. a slightly wrapped brake rotor... tires. tend to shake at that speed . however....
what i said earlier....
Best thing to do is have the rotors. mic for warpness . it belleve.. you can also try to rotate the tires to see if the situation changes at all. "Rotors"
Sold tires/brakes 6 years consulant... Usually if it is related with rotors you fell some vibration in the brake pedal though.. added that thought on edit..
kitesuffer

Last edited by Kitesuffer; 04-02-05 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Late at night

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: