'93 Sedan Deville retrofitting issue

Old 04-01-05, 10:01 AM
Question '93 Sedan Deville retrofitting issue

I Have a 1993 Cadillac Sedan Deville and I just tried to retrofit the a/c valves for R 134 charging. But unfortunately I was unable to retrofit the low pressure side because the fitting would not fit on the low pressure valve.

Do Cadillacs require you to take them to the dealer for special refitting or perhaps a conversion for R 134?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-05, 03:01 PM
It is possible that you bought the wrong kit. There are many varieties of fittings. I suspect Cadillac is one of them. If your kit does not list your make and model then that is likely the cause. The auto parts store products on the shelf are mostly for chevys, fords, trucks and honda's etc. There may be a retail kit for your car or not.

Old 04-01-05, 04:07 PM
It also has automatic air and won't work properly because the r-134a doesn't have the same pressure/temp relation as r-12 so the switches will not work right.Usually you would charge 80% of the r-12 charge when converting to r-134a and it will cool fairly well.You will find you need to charge close to 100% to get the system to operate and the air will not be cold enough to satisfy your needs.I t will also leak out faster.