Bad Gas????????

Old 04-02-05, 03:26 PM
U
Received 5 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Angry Bad Gas? (power loss)??

Ok, still having problems with my 1987 Dodge D-50 4x4 with the 2.6 Mitsubushi motor in it(carburated) Some days it runs pretty good but still tends to idle a little rough. Some days it runs like crap, power surging, stalling, and just loss of power ! It's like I'm going down the road and I step on the gas and there's nothing there?? So far I have changed: plugs,wires,rotor,cap,fuel filter, and oxygen sensor. I just put some gas in it and brought the gauge up to like a half a tank. Seems to be running good so far, but it was only like 3 miles home!! This has been going on for like 3 weeks and seems to come and go!! Only thing I can figure is either bad gas or bad fuel pump??? Thanks in advance!!!! Jack

Last edited by unclejack; 04-03-05 at 01:52 PM.
Old 04-03-05, 03:19 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You could try getting some dry gas or some rubbing alcohol from the drug store and pouring that in the tank in case you actually have bad gas. It might take awhile to get it all out, but the alcohol does a real good job of drying up water in gas.
Good Luck,
Billy

Old 04-03-05, 04:30 PM
U
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by billys68ss
You could try getting some dry gas or some rubbing alcohol from the drug store and pouring that in the tank in case you actually have bad gas. It might take awhile to get it all out, but the alcohol does a real good job of drying up water in gas.
Good Luck,
Billy
Thanks Bill !!! I truly appreciate your time! I'll try it and let you know how it works out! Jack

Old 04-04-05, 12:42 AM
DKM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Vacuum Leak?

Originally Posted by unclejack
Ok, still having problems with my 1987 Dodge D-50 4x4 with the 2.6 Mitsubushi motor in it(carburated) Some days it runs pretty good but still tends to idle a little rough. Some days it runs like crap, power surging, stalling, and just loss of power ! It's like I'm going down the road and I step on the gas and there's nothing there?? So far I have changed: plugs,wires,rotor,cap,fuel filter, and oxygen sensor. I just put some gas in it and brought the gauge up to like a half a tank. Seems to be running good so far, but it was only like 3 miles home!! This has been going on for like 3 weeks and seems to come and go!! Only thing I can figure is either bad gas or bad fuel pump??? Thanks in advance!!!! Jack
Does the problem change with air or engine temp? Just a thought, I've seen the vacuum choke pull off diaphragm crack on the 2.6 carb, causing rough idle, stumble and stall. Not only will it cause a vacuum leak but the choke will also be out of adjustment.

FYI;The choke pull off is integrated into the carb but is serviceable separately.

David

Old 04-04-05, 07:02 AM
U
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DKM
Does the problem change with air or engine temp? Just a thought, I've seen the vacuum choke pull off diaphragm crack on the 2.6 carb, causing rough idle, stumble and stall. Not only will it cause a vacuum leak but the choke will also be out of adjustment.

FYI;The choke pull off is integrated into the carb but is serviceable separately.

David
Thanks!! This sounds very familiar!! I'll give it a shot, or take it to the garage and let them know your thoughts! I'll get back to everyone as to what the problem is!! Thanks again!!! Jack

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: