The radio in my 1993 dodge caravan wont work

Old 04-02-05, 01:04 PM
theplumber419
Visiting Guest
Question The radio in my 1993 dodge caravan wont work

I have a broken radio in a 1993 dodge caravan, the radio wont play any sound does anybody have any ideas how to fix it let me know thnxs

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-05, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by theplumber419
I have a broken radio in a 1993 dodge caravan, the radio wont play any sound does anybody have any ideas how to fix it let me know thnxs
What I think would be good idea would be for you to just go to a u-pull it type junkyard and get one there. That way you learn how to remove it, thus making re-instalation a lot easier!! If you break something it's not really that important being it's already in a junkyard! Radios around here are plentiful and only $10 , $20 with the tape deck.

Old 04-02-05, 05:30 PM
That, or eBay. There's a lot of people who upgrade their sound systems and want to convert their unneeded radio to cash.

Old 04-03-05, 08:26 AM
Check for a lose speaker wire harness connection or you may have one of the speaker wires shorting to ground. If you have some other speakers laying around, you could try making a temporary connection to those to determine if the problem is with the stereo.

Old 04-03-05, 10:00 AM
does it light up

does it light up?If not it might be a fuse.If it lights up check all speaker connections if still no sound replace radio.

Old 04-06-05, 09:34 PM
theplumber419
Visiting Guest
ive checked all of the connections and tried other speakers with it, and it does light up, thats the first thing i did was check the fuse but it still wont work thnx for the comments though