Key will not move in the ign

Old 04-03-05, 05:36 AM
RacinMyDurango
Visiting Guest
Angry Immobilizer Gone bad?

Hi Gang ok I have a ? for you all my 2001 Durango (4.7L Magnum moter) 4X4 :-( was working fine I pulled in the driveway and 2 hrs later wnet to leave and the key will NOT move in the ign AT all? Tried my spare and the same dang thing no moving at all and of course its DOA because the steering is locked could a immobilizer or something else go bad 'just like that" no forwarning nada.... I am so bummed I am back to driving the back up Toyota Camery which SUX's Any help or ideas would be great!

KB

Old 04-03-05, 06:49 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I edited your post, it's best to start a new one for a simular but different problem (use the "New thread" button). You will have a better chance of finding a solution.

You may have tried but did you move the wheel back and forth while turning the key?

Old 04-03-05, 08:04 AM
K
Also make sure the shifter is engaged all the way into Park.

Old 04-03-05, 10:26 AM
C
This is a known problem with D/C products, there are many websites dedicated to fixing this yourself. In the mean time, if the key is in the ignition but will not turn, give it a small wack with the heel of your hand, not too hard, it should free um the disk springs to allow it to work for a while, SOP on my 99 Voyager.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: