Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1987 Chevy S-10 Electrical...HELP!!

Visiting Guest

04-03-05, 09:13 AM   #1  
PropsnerUSN
1987 Chevy S-10 Electrical...HELP!!

While driving my '87 S-10, it backfired once, then died. Towed it home, replaced the fuel pump, coil, rotor, plugs.....even the computer control module. Will not start. Will 'turn over', but there is no fire to the plugs. All fuses and wires are good, rotor turns so the cam shaft and timing chain is good. I'm at my wits end with this problem. Can anyone help??....E-mail me please if you can. Thank you so much. William

Sponsored Links

04-03-05, 10:22 AM   #2  
Have you checked timing with a timing light gun?

Visiting Guest

04-03-05, 04:45 PM   #3  
PropsnerUSN
Timing Light

No, not yet. Thank you. That's what I haven't done yet. I was 'ass uming' that if the timing was off, it should still get 'fire' to the plugs. I'll check it anyway. But, if I'm not getting fire to the plugs, then a timing light would not work as there would be no 'spark' to make the strobe work.

NC

04-03-05, 07:29 PM   #4  
It could be the coil to distributor wire. Did you replace the distributor cap?

Visiting Guest

04-03-05, 09:35 PM   #5  
PropsnerUSN
Coil

The coil is new also. I failed to mention that. And the plug and coil wires are fairly new and not the 'cheap' ones. The distributor cap is fairly new as well. Thanks

Last edited by PropsnerUSN; 04-03-05 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Addition

Search this Thread