F-150 manual transmission help

Old 04-04-05, 11:15 PM
subati
Visiting Guest
F-150 manual transmission help

I have a 93 F-150 with a straight six and 5 speed manual transmission. The clutch is hydraulic and the slave cylinder is inside the bell housing.

The other day I was driving it on the highway when it gave a lurch and then started coasting. I couldnt get it to go into any gear with or without the clutch being used. The only position it wouldnt go into was fourth and if you tried to make it go in all there was was a grinding noise if the engine was running. Is this a problem with my clutch or is it something worse inside the transmission? Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-05, 02:57 AM
if it grinds when going in any gear unless the engine is off then it sounds like a clutch problem whether it be hydraulic related issue or mechanical such as pressure plate or clutch disc.
if it only occurs in fourth it may be an internal transmission problem or a linkage problem.

Old 04-05-05, 04:02 AM
agree with bejay...

...your post is a little hard to understand. also...if that's an M5OD mazda transmission (i know they used them in explorers, tributes, mountaineers...not sure about F-150's tho) they have a reputation for wiping out counter shaft gears in the tranny...

Old 04-06-05, 12:45 AM
subati
Visiting Guest
How can I tell what kind of tranny this is? Also if it is a problem in the tranny what other trannies can bolt to this engine?

Old 04-06-05, 07:20 AM
looks to me...

...like this

4 speed = borg warner t-16

5 speed = mazda m5od

Last edited by carguyinva; 04-06-05 at 08:17 AM.

Search this Thread