Still don't know.

Old 04-03-05, 04:45 PM
Macdaddytushek
Visiting Guest
Exclamation 1987 buick electra/park ave electric problems

I was driving the other day and after about a half of a hour, my car just died. I let it cool down for about 15 minutes started it and it ran fine for about another half an hour and then it died again. I thought it was the ignition coils but i replaced them and still nothing. I know its electrical cause i am reading voltage loss at the plug wires. Would anyone have any idea on what it might be?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-05, 07:04 PM
Ignition modules often fail when they get hot and then work when they are cool. Not being able to 'hot start', is a symptom.

Some auto parts stores will test your ignition module if you remove it from the car. If so, do try to have it tested while hot (somehow, lol).

Many DIY'ers will mistakenly replace the coil first when the ignition module is bad.

When the ignition module fails, the plugs won't fire.

Old 04-03-05, 07:15 PM
Get the codes checked at a Auto Zone.

Old 04-04-05, 03:36 PM
Check for injector pulse next time it won't start.If it's missing I would suspect the crank sensor.

Old 04-05-05, 03:33 PM
Macdaddytushek
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Still don't know.

This a follow up on my old post:
http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=208074

I replaced the ignition coil module under the coils and it still dies. And i also checked the codes and got nothing. Could it be the main computer?
I was wondering how I would go about checking the injector pulse. I am completely lost and would really appreciate some info. Thanks for the help already.

Old 04-05-05, 04:14 PM
What did you replace? The main coils, the pickup coil?

I will stick with my previous post to test or replace the ignition module.

Old 04-05-05, 04:26 PM
I merged the threads for continuity.Please use the post reply button to keep all relevant posts together.To check for injector pulse you need to buy a noid light for your car then remove an injector connector and insert the noid light in the connector.Crank the engine if it flashes you have pulse if it doesn't you don't have pulse.