Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Jeep Wrangler AC Leaking onto Floorboard

Visiting Guest

04-05-05, 06:15 PM   #1  
lrgolfer
Jeep Wrangler AC Leaking onto Floorboard

Hello everyone. Hoping that this is something simple and would appreciate any advice anyone might have. I have a 98 Wrangler and when I run the AC, on especially warm days, the condensation leaks from behind the dash into the floorboard. Last summer took a 850 mile trip and when it was over had at least six inches of standing water on the passengers side. Driver's side will get frequent drops especially when turning hard right. Thanks for any assistance.

Sponsored Links

04-05-05, 06:19 PM   #2  
I have a similar problem with my 2005 Chevy Astro Van. I will be watching this thread.

cuedude

04-05-05, 06:29 PM   #3  
Any moisture on the floor would be a good indication that the evaporator drain is plugged. So all the moisture from the evaproator core is filling the core housing, not able to drain. On most vehicles, the drain in located at the lower firewall/cowel area on the passanger side. I usually use a pencil to poke away the obstruction. In some cases, the drain tube needs to be removed in order to remove the obstruction totally.

Visiting Guest

04-05-05, 06:32 PM   #4  
lrgolfer
Thanks

Thanks...now all I have to do is find it.

TX

04-05-05, 07:49 PM   #5  
look for a rubber tube

get under your truck and look for a rubber tube close to the firewall on the pass side.stick some wire up it.

Search this Thread