Fuel Issue?

Old 04-06-05, 04:21 PM
Drow
Visiting Guest
Question Fuel Issue?

New to forum!

Well I got a 97 Z71 K1500 Ext. No fuel is getting through, took off the fuel line pre filter side and cranked to see if it was the pump? Ihad no fuel spill (1/2 tank or less - not out of gas HEHE). I think it is the pump but could it be a remote start module that I have on the truck? This kills the motor by hitting the brake when the ignition is not on. If the key is in and in the on position then the anti left is disabled. I was not sure if that safety feature was just electrical or fuel related.

Long question! I just want to look at all before I unbolt the bed to get the pump out. Not hard just dont want to do it for nothing if there is a chance I should look somewhere else first.

Thx

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-05, 05:16 PM
Welcome to the forum Drow,

Well, I'm not a mechanic, but I may be able to help. There is a fuse for the fuel pump. Where it is, I'm not certain, but I'd start there. Do you have a repair manual for it? That's where you can find the info on the fuse and the location. Hope this helps.

cuedude

Old 04-07-05, 04:10 AM
start at the...

...connecter near the tank. with a test light or volt meter, probe the gray wire and see if you get voltage when the key is turned on (2-3 seconds and then off) AND also while cranking. if you have voltage there, you've eliminated the fuse, wiring, relay, computer...and so on. do this test first...post results and we can go from there.

oh...if you have voltage, listen for the pump to run...no noise and voltage means you need a pump.

Old 04-07-05, 04:43 AM
can i get a hand too?

http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=208349

i'm having somewhat of a similiar problem and would like some help too.

Old 04-07-05, 11:18 AM
Elizabethl
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by cuedude
Welcome to the forum Drow,

Well, I'm not a mechanic, but I may be able to help. There is a fuse for the fuel pump. Where it is, I'm not certain, but I'd start there. Do you have a repair manual for it? That's where you can find the info on the fuse and the location. Hope this helps.

cuedude
Cuedude, As you may have read..I'm having a similar problem (see "maintenance related")....he shorted out the fuel pump relay to pump excess fuel from the tank for servicing, is it possible that in this process, he ruined the relay and maybe thats where my prob is????

Old 04-07-05, 11:23 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
also check for a roll-over switch, they "open" for wreak's so fuel doesn't pump
there do trip and/or go bad

Old 04-07-05, 11:31 AM
you are referring to...

...an inertia switch and they are specific to ford products...