Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

87 blazer trouble

Visiting Guest

04-08-05, 09:47 AM   #1  
demader
87 blazer trouble

Please help. I have an 87 blazer K5. 350 TBI. recently, on ignition and anytime it is even throttled lightly, it rumbles angrily and dies. So basically, I can get it started, kind of, but I can't move it. the distributor was just replaced, as were air filter, and plugs. However, there's a chance it wasn't done correctly, I didn't do it. I figure it might also be fuel pump. worst experience is actually getting it going, almost getting to work, then after stopping at an intersection, and then trying to go, truck dies. seems to only have problems in certain rpm ranges please help.

Sponsored Links

04-08-05, 07:34 PM   #2  
Check the engine ground. I have seen poor grounds cause all types of problems with the TBI setup on the trucks. The ground will either be from the engine to the firewall, or the engine to the frame. Just for sh!ts and giggles, connect a ground from the battery negative to the engine just to see what happens.

Search this Thread