Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

94 New Yorker strange starting problem

Visiting Guest

04-11-05, 10:18 AM   #1  
Jkei3207
94 New Yorker strange starting problem

I also have a 94 Chrysler New Yorker that will not start from time to time (seems to be when humidity is high). The car has a dohc v6 engine. Sometimes the car will crank but will not start. Sometimes with extreme persistence it will and then other times no matter how hard I try it will not. When the car does start it idles rough in low rpm's and lacks quite a bit of power. I have checked the spark plugs, fuel pressure while the car is running, plug wires and everything seems fine. Also the heat does not work (most likely not related). Does anyone have any insight as to what this could be?

Sponsored Links

04-13-05, 09:36 AM   #2  
I had same problem with 93 New Yorker 3.3
V-6. Turned out to be the AIS Motor. Most
people call it a Idle Air Valve. Remove it from
side of Throttle bode (two torx screws. 25 I
think) if The little pointed piston is all the way
out push it back and reinstall it. If it starts
right away and runs better than it did then
this is your problem. good Luck!!

Visiting Guest

04-13-05, 02:44 PM   #3  
GlassesRx
Ditto w/ ivantt! As for your heat, not that you need it now since summer is here, you may want to change it during fall and get youself a new heater core. (check it first) You'll be nice and toasty for winter! UGH!

Visiting Guest

04-14-05, 09:04 AM   #4  
Jkei3207
Hey, thanks everyone for the advice, I really appreciate it. I am going to go home and try you suggestions. This no start problem has been baffling me for months!

NC

04-14-05, 01:40 PM   #5  
You have to check the fuel pressure when the car is not running or not running the way it should.

Search this Thread