96 Chev Cavalier head lights

Old 04-13-05, 12:49 PM
lttlbrch
Visiting Guest
96 Chev Cavalier head lights

My problem is that on the instramit panel the head light indicator keeps flashing.
I have replaced all my lights ( high beams and driving lights also checked side markers ). The only lights that work our the side markers and the front passenger side High Beam and Driving light.

Wondering if the DRL relay is causing the driver side not to work?

Not sure what else I can check.

Thanks to all the reply...

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-05, 03:56 PM
Wondering what a "head light indicator " is?

Old 04-13-05, 05:20 PM
Lugnut, the indicator indicates that the daytime running lights are on, when it flashes, there is a problem.
You may have a wiring problem. Quite frequently on these and Sunfires do I see the front lighting harness corrode. Behind the driver's headlight there is a connector. Disconnect and inspect for corrosion. Also, inspect the entire harness for signs of corrosion. Was this car ever involved in an accident where the front end would have been damaged? Also, I'm not quite certain on this, but there may be individual fuses for each headlight, check that out and let us know.

Old 04-13-05, 06:14 PM
thanks Mr. Dummas. I didn't expect to see that on a 96' model. Now I know.

Old 04-14-05, 08:20 AM
lttlbrch
Visiting Guest
There is NO sign of corrosion at any of the plugs. It does look like that one of the connector's have been changed before. The car hasn't been in any accidents. I have taken the tape of for the wiring harness and there is signs of flakie corrosion but all wires still look good.

Question if the DRL is gone I would have NO lights at all? I still have the passenager side lights High/Low...

Have checked the fuses and all our good. There is individual fuses for each headlight.

Search this Thread