Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

CV Joints-94 Sentra

Visiting Guest

04-15-05, 04:58 PM   #1  
Spankyjumunkwa
CV Joints-94 Sentra

I've got a 94 Nissan sentra that needs new CV joints. The boots are ripped open, and I have no idea how long they've been that way. I don't know much about car repair, I can change the break pads without any problems, so how tough would it be to change the CV Joints?

Sponsored Links

04-15-05, 08:28 PM   #2  
Not too hard. Most front wheel cars are the same. take large nut off end of axle, remove bolts holding steering knuckle to mcpherson strut or? Remove brake assy. Now axle should be able to be pushed in towards tranny to clear knuckle. Now its free and a good pull (I use a 10lb slide hammer) away from the tranny will release the wire size circle clip that holds it into the tranny and its out. You have to seat the end into the tranny otherwise it leaks tranny fluid. I bange it in (wood block and hammer) after its back in the knuckle with the nut threaded on . You can put on replacement boots that have a seam (so you don't have to pull the axle) even easier although I've seen them vary in price from $15 to $30 (too much!). Unless the joint is banging when in a corner or going straight I don't replace them and when they start banging you have a little time before they explode.

Search this Thread