Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

help please, caliper/rotor

Visiting Guest

04-16-05, 12:05 PM   #1  
peekie319
help please, caliper/rotor

So for the past 5 days my 95' jeep wrangler has been up on jacks because i've been trying to fix it, the problem was my piston in my frontright brake caliper ceased up. I eventually took everything apart and got replacement parts but when i went to put th calipers back on and tighten the mounting bolts, the rotor seems loose, and wont spin very well, like its off track, and i try to push as far on there as it could go but it just comes off as soon as i let go... just wondering what i should do here, i'm getting too stressed about a small situation.

Sponsored Links

NC

04-16-05, 01:51 PM   #2  
It's normal for the rotor to be lose before you put the brake pads in the mounting bracket and the caliper over that. If it wasn't lose when you removed it, it was probably sticking to the hub due to rust from the rotor having been there in a while. Once you reinstall the wheel, it should definitely be tight. Install the wheel nuts without the wheel and see if it makes a diffrerence. The rotor should not be lose with the nuts on. If you have the transmission in gear or park, the rotor shouldn't turn. If in neutral, it should turn but with some resistance. Best thing to do is look at the brakes on the other side to see how the parts are together and use that as a guide if you need to.

Last edited by jeff67; 04-16-05 at 01:52 PM. Reason: typo

Search this Thread