Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

4.3 V6 starter help please!

Visiting Guest

04-18-05, 07:56 AM   #1  
ollie14
4.3 V6 starter help please!

Been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out a good way to take this beast off and replace it. I own a chevy s-10 with the 4.3L V6 in it with 2wd. They just had to go and put it in a tight place! I'm sure my starter needs replaced, it engages, but sometimes won't turn the motor over. Is there anyone out there that can give me some good tips on an easier way to take this out? The auto parts store in town told me it could be one of two different styles put on that year. Is that true also? I can see it under the manifold from the bottom side, but it is almost impossible to reach. There is a plate underneath it, but not sure if that is nessasary to take off. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsored Links

04-21-05, 11:20 AM   #2  
you usually have to remove the dust cover from the bottom of the bell housing on the tranny, then the two bolts going up throught the starter, and the two wires. hope this helps

Search this Thread