fuel pump

Old 11-20-01, 12:33 PM
Question Tool Comparison

Hello everyone;
Recently my B&D variable speed drill/driver passed on into the great electrical tool pile in the sky,(sniff, sniff!) and am in the market for a new one. At one time there seemed to only one manufacturer and choice, now its a smorgeboard when you go to buy one.
I am looking for some comments/opinions/experiences with the various manufacturers and types of drills. I would like to keep the price reasonable but am flexible for quality and reliability. I do not do commercial work but do a lot of residential work. (Home and Mother-in-laws!!)
I have been giving some consideration to DeWalt or Makita, good or bad idea? Please let me have some feedback Thanks!
As a side bar, I recently had a experience with HD pricing that wasnt too pleasureable. HD offered a drill sharpener for 49.98USD which I had purchased ( but not used!) and found the same item in Sams Club for 39.98USD. I bought my item to HD and the price difference to their attention and asked them to meet the price and the 10 % difference. The manager, refused and said that she didn't believe me in such a way as to imply as I was lying even when I gave her the SKU number off of the Sams Model.( The last digit was different.) So beware HD pricing and their price gaurantees!
I spend a lot of money in HD and was extremely dissatisfied with their response.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-05, 01:14 AM
city kitty
Visiting Guest
Question fuel pump

have a 2001 ford sport trek, 6 cly shoc engine. check engine light came on,
had it repaired, a week later check fuel cap light came on. took it in for repairs, now i'm told i need a fuel pump and kit to go with it, cost $1186.
looking for advice, and or help. trying to start at the bottom. replaceing gas cap and fuel filters. having trouble with filter in gas line next to gas tank.

Old 04-22-05, 04:21 AM
Are you asking for help to replace the filter, or whether you should replace the pump? Or what exactly?

Old 04-22-05, 06:10 AM
If the gas cap light is on then it has a EVAP system problem. Fuel cap,vent solenoid,lines and etc. Putting a fuel filter or fuel pump will not have anything to do with this repair. So you are wasting your MONEY!

Old 04-22-05, 08:43 AM
I'd be looking at the gas cap, evap vacuum lines, and evap electric actuated vacuum switch.

Old 04-22-05, 09:39 AM
city kitty
Visiting Guest
fuel pump (I think)

Originally Posted by Lugnut
Are you asking for help to replace the filter, or whether you should replace the pump? Or what exactly?
Sorry about that, giving little info..
main problem is .. check engine light came on, had it repaired, a week
later check fuel cap light came on.. took it to the dealer, was put on
machine, they told me the fuel pump needed replaceing and the kit
that goes with (whatever that is ), anyway bottom line is they want
$1186. to fix it. Can't beleive it could cost that much.
It's a 2001 Ford explorer sport trek with 6cyl sohc engine.
I did buy a fuel filter, haven't put it on as yet.

Old 04-22-05, 11:39 AM
What was the code that they got for the fuel pump? See if you can get it and post it. Please!

Old 04-22-05, 01:21 PM
city kitty
Visiting Guest
it works

Originally Posted by hogfan
If the gas cap light is on then it has a EVAP system problem. Fuel cap,vent solenoid,lines and etc. Putting a fuel filter or fuel pump will not have anything to do with this repair. So you are wasting your MONEY!
Thanks hogfan, I tried what you said, and your right..
Got a new gas cap, for 8.00 and it done the trick..
Better than what the dealer wanted 1186. I think I'll go by there
and let them know, for all the good it will do.
Anyway thanks for your help.

Old 04-22-05, 01:24 PM
city kitty
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by Icondude
I'd be looking at the gas cap, evap vacuum lines, and evap electric actuated vacuum switch.
Thanks Icondude, I tried it and it worked, the gas cap.
Thanks again. and I'm not much with autos, but if I can be of help
just give me a shout.

Old 04-22-05, 01:26 PM
city kitty
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by hogfan
What was the code that they got for the fuel pump? See if you can get it and post it. Please!
I'll try, but, you know how secretive they be sometime.. I'm going by there in the morning, I' ll see if I can CON them out of it.

Old 04-25-05, 04:02 AM
I doubt that there even is a code for the fuel pump. Most codes are emissions related or are things like 'too lean' or 'too rich', etc.

Old 04-25-05, 12:29 PM
No, There is some fuel pump codes.