AOD Fuse Blows

Old 04-22-05, 04:09 AM
Rich3k
Visiting Guest
AOD Fuse Blows

I have a 01 Ford F150 with the AOD switch on the shifter. The fuse is blowing. It does not blow immediately. The first one lasted a month and the second time a week. Has anyone experienced this?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-05, 06:13 AM
Pull the plastic covers around the steering column. At the bottom of the trans shifter the wire rubber the metal surface and blow the fuse. Replace shifter handle.

Old 04-22-05, 06:31 AM
yes

sounds like hog man is right. change the switch on the shifter handle. :mask:

Old 04-22-05, 06:53 AM
Rich3k
Visiting Guest
Replace the shifter? Or the button?

Replace the shifter? Or the button? I have not taken it apart but I can envision the wire rubbing through where the shift lever meets the steering column. Can you describe how to remove the ignition switch to remove the plastic?

Old 04-22-05, 08:22 AM
The switch is not the problem its the wires coming out of the shifter handle. Rubbing the wires bare.
Replace the shifter handle. To get the ign. key and tumbler out turn the key to run and you will see a hole in the plastic cover that does not have a screw in it. On the right side under the colar. Take a small pocket screw driver or punch and push in on the release. Pull the key and tumbler out.

Old 04-25-05, 02:39 AM
Rich3k
Visiting Guest
Thank You

Thank you Hogfan. You were correct the wire coming from the shifter was rubbing and had rubbed a hole through the insulation. I wound up wrapping it with shrink tube to insulate it.