Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1999 Ford F150 electrical

Visiting Guest

04-22-05, 09:43 AM   #1  
TCool316
1999 Ford F150 electrical

I recently purchased a used truck and am having an issue with an "idiot" light. The "door ajar" light stays on as well as the interior dome light, and the outer deck light. The doors are completely shut, nothing is ajar.The truck is an extended cab and has the suicide doors. I see a little tab on the door jam, and I figure there is some sort of problem with this. Is there a sensor or switch misreading the fact that my dorrs are closed? I pulled the fuse for the dome & deck light, but then I can't shift out of park, so I had to reinstall the fuse. I have been taking the fuse out when I'm parked, and driving around with these lights on. Please advise.

Sponsored Links

04-22-05, 11:42 AM   #2  
Spray all the door latches with WD-40. The Latches are in the doors. The switches to the dome lights and door adjar light is in the bottom of the latches. So spray them good.

Visiting Guest

04-22-05, 06:44 PM   #3  
ASEPartsman
Door Jamb Switch

Many Ford's have problems like this. You probably need to replace the door jamb switch. This is what tells the body control computer if the doors are open or not. They are kwown for going bad so it would be a good idea to replace them both. It is kind of stubburn because they are on the inside of the door connected to the latch but you can do it with a little patience.

NC

04-23-05, 01:46 AM   #4  
Had the same problem on a taurus. Spaying the latches with WD40 was the fix as hogfan mentioned.

Search this Thread