Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Cavalier Window Winder Motor

Visiting Guest

04-25-05, 02:59 PM   #1  
oldmedic
Cavalier Window Winder Motor

Can anyone post a chassis electrical diagram or link for 2000 Cavalier driver's side front window winder motor removal and replacement. I don't have a manual and the installation instructions with the new winder motor a really vague. Especially concerned about how to pin the spring before I remove the old motor. Thanks. oldmedic

Sponsored Links

04-26-05, 12:37 PM   #2  
There is nothing to 'pin' to the best of my knowledge.If you require specific instructions please let me know.

Visiting Guest

04-30-05, 07:11 AM   #3  
oldmedic
Nothing to pin, but..................

You were right "davo", there was no spring to pin in the Cavalier door. But, the new motor came with no instructions and only 4 screws to reassemble everything. It took five screws just to replace the rivets I had to remove from the motor and gear assembly and an additional 5 screws to replace the large pop rivets that mounted that assembly to the door framing. All in all about an eight hour job. I did discover a novel way to position nuts inside the door to screw to that I couldn't reach or see. I secured the nut with a length of "duck tape", fished it behind the panel, and gently started the screw from the other side all done in the drive way after 8 pm. What a father will do for his kids.

04-30-05, 08:24 AM   #4  
Nice work guy.
Typically I'd use all rivets to reassemble that job. Not a fun one either. I think a flat rate tech would get maybe a little over an hour for that.

Search this Thread