Cavalier Window Winder Motor

Old 04-25-05, 03:59 PM
oldmedic
Visiting Guest
Cavalier Window Winder Motor

Can anyone post a chassis electrical diagram or link for 2000 Cavalier driver's side front window winder motor removal and replacement. I don't have a manual and the installation instructions with the new winder motor a really vague. Especially concerned about how to pin the spring before I remove the old motor. Thanks. oldmedic

Old 04-26-05, 01:37 PM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is nothing to 'pin' to the best of my knowledge.If you require specific instructions please let me know.

Old 04-30-05, 08:11 AM
oldmedic
Visiting Guest
Nothing to pin, but..................

You were right "davo", there was no spring to pin in the Cavalier door. But, the new motor came with no instructions and only 4 screws to reassemble everything. It took five screws just to replace the rivets I had to remove from the motor and gear assembly and an additional 5 screws to replace the large pop rivets that mounted that assembly to the door framing. All in all about an eight hour job. I did discover a novel way to position nuts inside the door to screw to that I couldn't reach or see. I secured the nut with a length of "duck tape", fished it behind the panel, and gently started the screw from the other side all done in the drive way after 8 pm. What a father will do for his kids.

Old 04-30-05, 09:24 AM
B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice work guy.
Typically I'd use all rivets to reassemble that job. Not a fun one either. I think a flat rate tech would get maybe a little over an hour for that.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: